Saturday, August 18, 2007

Careful, She’s Very Sensitive

By Patricia Lefave, Labeled, D.D. (P)

As I sat in the Library one day being observed by some of the staff there, I heard one of them ask another from about five feet away, “So she knows then?” (I have had this acted out for me approximately fifteen times lately. I could have the sensitivity of a rock and still figure out they are talking about me again)

How often I have heard that evaluation of me throughout my life and I have also heard that same sort of evaluation made regarding of many other of the psychiatrized. At other times though, it is usually stated with a slight difference like this; “You’re too sensitive.”
This invalidating remark is made frequently by those who do not wish to discover their own insensitivity. It is often used to blame the accurate perception of the ‘sensitive’ one, at the same time it DEFENDS the errors or perception of the insensitive one.


This is just part of the dysfunctional “switcheroo” which is used to create and support a ‘reality’ which is an illusion and which is used to avoid the dreaded ‘blame’ or even to avoid an awakening out of the dysfunctional programming. Humanity, I have noticed, tends to prefer the ‘devil it knows.’
I think this sort of meaning is what is behind the meaning of many Biblical concepts too such as;
“You are a mystery unto yourselves.”

“You tie burdens on the backs of others that you, yourselves, could not carry.”
“You are as sleepwalkers,” etc.

This sort of ‘Switcheroo” is how ‘sensitivity’ to a perfectly obvious truth becomes a ‘flaw’ in the seer and how insensitivity to that same obvious truth becomes a norm in the blind.

I think maybe the World Psychiatric Association should rename itself to more accurately reflect its own thinking style. How about, “the World Psychiatric Dissociation”? I believe its true and most ingenious specialty is ‘splitting.’ (followed by intantaneous 'projecting')


No comments:

 

net tracking statistics
Dell Computer