I want to recommend a book I am just finishing now. It is called, Emotional Blackmail by Susan Forward, PhD.
This book spells out the concrete experience of many of us who get labelled in many different ways for talking about what ACTUALLY has happened to us in concrete reality. I especially identified with the chapter titled “Tools of the Trade” (Chapter 4)
I think that many of you will see your own experiences in the metaphysical concepts of the group experience there.
I thought once again, the details change but the ‘play’ (abstract concepts behind the details) remains the same. I found this one very helpful too.
This is the sort of thing I believe we experience on a collective level and I also think it goes back centuries. The difference in outcome often seems to be related directly to whether or not we get a mental health professional who takes us seriously and believes us or get a psychiatrist who believes he hears ‘symptoms’ instead of reality. I know you won’t ALL be able relate to this but I think many of you will. It’s worth a look. This psychologist see and hears what many others don't seem to be able to do.
Friday, October 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment